[Tweets] Balague Explains Barca's Decision To Make Pointless £129m Coutinho Bid

[Tweets] Balague Explains Barca's Decision To Make Pointless £129m Coutinho Bid

The Catalan giants saw a reported third bid for the 25-year-old knocked back on Friday and this is said to have prompted chiefs at the Camp Nou to prioritise other targets.

Stuart Pearce has told Liverpool to consider making a move to sign Diego Costa from Chelsea if Philippe Coutinho leaves Anfield this summer.

Coutinho handed in a transfer request earlier this month in a bid to convince Liverpool to sell him to Barca, who have had the three offers for the forward rejected.

Barcelona reportedly haven't given up hope of prising Philippe Coutinho away from Liverpool yet, with a new bid worth a staggering £138 million set to be lodged.

This was meant to be the end of the story and there was talk of Coutinho being reintegrated back in to the Liverpool squad once he's recovered from an apparent back injury and illness. Jurgen Klopp says the decision over whether to retain Coutinho has been in the hands of the board but that his personal relationship with the player has not been affected by the long-running saga.

Daniel Sturridge
Daniel Sturridge could be on Liverpool’s bench tonight

Coutinho is not yet in full training and won't feature for the club before the September worldwide break, where he will be checked on before flying to Brazil to play qualifiers against Ecuador and Colombia.

"I think Liverpool fans are very patient and understanding, I think if you're talking in excess of £100m for this player [Coutinho] and he wants to go, I'd be tempted to take the money and wish him all the best".

"I said already, my English is not good enough to give five different answers and always the same question, so nothing changed". "Absolutely. 100 per cent".

"[I have] no idea in this moment [when he's back]".

More news: England beat France to reach Women's World Cup final

Related Articles